RSS does not compile

Hi,

I am trying to build RSS variant and for some reason, it is not working even though it says built successfully when I enter “make PythonAPI.rss”

Ubuntu: 18.04
Python 2.7 and 3.6
Carla: 0.9.8

Please help

Hi,
We are upgrading the RSS to version 3.0 and probably your problems will be solved.
If you are working from the master source, today we will have the new RSS merged and ready for you.
Otherwise, please detail a bit more about the error, looking at the output of ‘make PythonAPI.rss’.

Thanks.

Hi,

thanks for your response. I’ve been pulling my hair out literally and couldn’t find anything on this. I have tried installing everything from scratch multiple times but nothing works.
So the build is successful and doesn’t give any errors but when I run the rss example it says “rss not found please use build rss variant” … This is the problem. even though when I build it, it says built successfully for both Python3.6 and 2.7, I have 2 version of Python.

I use
make LibCarla.rss.client
make PythonAPI.rss

I have updated my local repo from source and trying everything again, will report again tomorrow. Another issue possibly linked to this is that when I run my python examples it says.

Version mismatch between Simulator and Client.
Client: 0.9.8
Simulator 0.9.8-xxx-yyyyyy

Why is this happening? Even though I build both from source?

Right now I’m building from latest source so let’s see. If nothing works can you please put up a pre-built version with RSS? I would be really grateful for this because I really need it for my master’s thesis and everything depends on it.

Update: I get the following error now

Generating done
– Build files have been written to: /home/carla/carla/Build/libcarla-client-build.rss.release
ninja: error: ‘…/ad-rss-3.0.0/install/ad_rss/lib/libad_rss.a’, needed by ‘LibCarla/cmake/test/libcarla_test_client_release’, missing and no known rule to make it
Util/BuildTools/Linux.mk:132: recipe for target ‘LibCarla.client.rss.release’ failed
make: *** [LibCarla.client.rss.release] Error 1

Kind Regards,
Ali

Ok after recompiling everything from scratch including the unreal engine… the build is a success now there’s another error.

WARNING: Version mismatch detected: You are trying to connect to a simulator that might be incompatible with this API
WARNING: Client API version = 0.9.8
WARNING: Simulator API version = 0.9.8-211-g6b1a5db4-dirty
terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘std::bad_alloc’
what(): std::bad_alloc
Aborted (core dumped)

Strangely enough, when I connect client to another simulator it works. i.e precompiled version but then the rss variant doesn’t work ofcourse. How do I solve this? Also why is there a version mismatch when I built everything from the same source

Hi, @alifaraz21!

Do you have a package version of CARLA installed besides the build? If so, try this.

python -m pip uninstall carla

Hello,
I encountered the same problem.
I am using Unreal 4.24 and carla 9.9 the latest versions as mentioned in the linux build documentation. When i try to run a sample file(Manual_control, spawn_npc) from the pythonApi I am getting the same error as Mr Ali.

Version mismatch detected: You are trying to connect to a simulator that might be incompatible with this API
WARNING: Client API version = 0.9.9
WARNING: Simulator API version = 0.9.9-59-g8ea10939
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I tried to uninstall the package version of carla with the above said command and it is giving the message

Cannot remove entries from nonexistent file /opt/carla-simulator/PythonAPI/carla/dist/easy-install.pth

I couldn’t find the easy-install.pth file in the directory as well.

Is there any solution or walk-around for this?
Any help is really appreciated.

Best regards
Clement John