OpenScenario Support - Developer Usability

Hi CARLA team,

I’ve been following ScenarioRunner’s development for the past few weeks, especially with the new support for OpenScenario 1.0, which is developing nicely. While development is still ongoing to support the schema in its entirety, I was wondering if someone can share if there are any efforts planned to create a more developer friendly way to model scenarios that do not explicitly require coding Python scripts or modifying XML. In other words, is there a plan to potentially create a scenario modeling UI either directly within CARLA as an UE4 plugin or as a tool that builds on top of the ScenarioRunner infra? My motivation comes from seeking a more user-friendly approach to scenario creation that doesn’t require so much overhead.

Please let me know if I can clarify anything.

Supporting OSC is the first step for creating a more user friendly experience, as the user only needs to change an XML file. However, there are currently no plans of creating a user friendly UI.

With that being said, I believe that ScenarioRunner isn’t that complicated to use, once you understand how it works.

The main problem I see is that the documentation is completely outdated, and most of the information is wrong (we have plans to update it), which makes learning how to use SR, hard and confusing.