Instaling Python API: Boost linking problem

Hi!
I hope I can get some help, I have been trying to build CARLA from source. I have come and gone from these installation issues for a few weeks. But hopefully, I will be able to solve it with your help this time. Last time I tried with CARLA 0.9.7, I posted my issue in Github but sadly, we couldn’t make it work.
Currently, I am trying with CARLA 0.9.8 and the errors I had while running ‘make launch’ have completely disappeared. Nevertheless, I still face the unsuccessful installation of the Python API. For what I see, it is a linking problem with the Boost library.
I share a screenshot of the errors:

I have checked that the dependencies folder, specifically for the libraries related to boost, they are there. I also did not encounter any issue when they were being installed during the ‘make launch’ process.
When I was trying to fix it on my own, I changed a little bit the setup.py file (making a copy of the original) to try to figure out what was going on. I did not have any luck. I have also erased the libraries trying to install it again but has not worked either. On another post, I read someone suggested creating the .egg file through WSL. I tried but I also had errors while running ‘make PythonAPI’ (I can share the image of the errors)

Have you seen these errors before? Could you suggest me what to do? I would really appreciate any help.

Dany

Windows 10
Python 3.7.3
x64 Native Tools for VS 2017
Unreal Engine 4.24
GNU make 3.81
Cmake 3.14.0-rc4

Maybe @bernat can provide some light into this?

Hi,

I can not reproduce those problems, but I remember something that you can try.
Go to the file Carla\Util\InstallersWin\install_boost.bat and remove the line 118 (headers^).
Then remove the folder Carla\Build\boost-1.72.0-install and compile all again.
I hope it resolves your problems

Regards

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the response. Let me try and I will report. It may be helpful for other people. I really didn’t find to many posts regarding this with something that would solve the problem. :slight_smile:

Sadly it didn’t work. Here I share the screenshots:

Just to let you know what has worked so far. I couldn’t have a success run of make PythonAPI. Nevertheless with the last available content (0.9.9) I was able to copy the the Python API of the pre-compiled version and use it with the one I build from scratch. So far it appears to work. I hope I will not have problems in the future in case I do changes in Unreal Engine and have to make the package again.
In the meantime I hope this issue gets solved. In any case I really appreciate all your comments and help! :slight_smile:

I am also experiencing these same errors and therefore unable to build the Python API for v0.9.9. Unfortunately, I can’t get by with DannTierksy’s workaround of only using the pre-built version of CARLA as I need to be able to make map customizations in Unreal. Any other ideas of how to resolve this issue? What information could I provide that would help you troubleshoot?

I’m running the make PythonAPI command from within the “x64 Native Tools Command Prompt for VS 2017” terminal. Running Windows 10 Pro.

1 Like