Cannot run properly the basic scenario in Scenario Runner

Hi,
I followed the instructions mentioned in the doc of CARLA to install the ScenarioRunner. After I set the CARLA_ROOT, SCENARIO_RUNNER_ROOT and PYTHONPATH I run the script:
py -3.7 scenario_runner.py --scenario FollowLeadingVehicle_1 --reloadWorld
The scenario is loading, but there is only the ego vehicle on the road, no leading vehicle. After 1 min, the scenario is over and I get this message:
error-1

In addition: if I open another terminal and use the manual control (py -3.7 manual_control.py) while the previous scenario is running, I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “manual_control.py”, line 58, in
from examples.manual_control import (World, HUD, KeyboardControl, CameraManager,
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘examples.manual_control’

Please provide information on these errors. Thank you in advance!

Hey, when running scenario runner you need to do two things. First, you need to create the scenario itself. This is done with your command:

py -3.7 scenario_runner.py --scenario FollowLeadingVehicle_1 --reloadWorld

Secondly, you need an agent that controls the ego vehicle. In this case, we use the manual control

py -3.7 manual_control.py

If you don’t do the second one, the scenario will just wait for you to do so, and after a minute, it timeouts and stops. When you start moving with the manual control you’ll see that the scenario starts to be executed.

Regarding your manual control error, you seem to be missing the $CARLA_ROOT/PythonAPI/carla folder at the PYTHONPATH, so python isn’t finding the examples/manual_control.

PD: Just a friendly reminder that this forum is being moved to the GitHub discussions at the CARLA repo, so I’d recommend posting there in the future